- 1 ¾ C prepared or canned chickpeas
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 C onion
- 2 C white button mushrooms
- 1/2 C parsley
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp cumin
- 4 pitas Whole Wheat Pita Bread
Mise en Place:
- Preheat the oven to 375º F.
- Prepare chickpeas or rinse and drain canned chickpeas.
- Wash and dry fresh produce.
- Mince the garlic and dice the onion.
- Dice the mushrooms so that they are small, 1-inch pieces.
- Wash, dry, and roughly chop the parsley.
- Measure out the salt, cayenne pepper, pepper, and cumin.
- Add all of the ingredients into the blender and blend until smooth. Once ingredients are thoroughly blended, form 4 patties with the mixture.
- Place the patties on a baking sheet and bake in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Place one patty into one whole wheat pita. Repeat for the remaining three. Serve with sliced vegetables if desired. Enjoy!