- What personally identifiable information of yours is collected from you through the Website
- How the collected information is used
- With whom such information may be shared
- What choices are available to you regarding collection, use and distribution of the information
- The kind of security procedures that are in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of information under our control
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information
Children are not eligible to use our service and we ask that minors (under the age of 13) do not submit any personal information to us or use the service. Common Threads does not collect or maintain information from those actually known to be under the age of 13, and no part of our Website is structured to attract anyone under the age of 13.
General Information Collection and Use
Common Threads is the sole owner of the information collected on the Website. We will not sell, share or rent this information to others in ways different from what is disclosed in this policy, without first obtaining your consent. Generally, we request this information when registering visitors to the Website or when visitors to the Website and/or registered users request a particular service. This information collected is used to register the user for the selected service and to contact the user about such service (e.g. e-mail address). Information required to be submitted to become a registered user may include name, e-mail address, license number and street address (as well as other types of information).
Some of our services may be offered in conjunction with partner companies, affiliates or other companies or websites with which we work. In order for us to provide these services to you, it may be necessary for us to share your personal information with one of such entities. These parties are not allowed to use personally identifiable information except for the purpose of providing these services. If you do not want your data to be shared, you can choose not to allow the transfer by not using that particular service.
Customer Service Correspondence
- Remind us who you are and to access your account information
- Track and target the interests of our users to enhance the experience on our Website;
- Estimate our audience size and measure certain traffic patterns.
Every computer connected to the Internet is given an IP address. We use IP addresses to analyze trends, administer the Website, track users’ movement and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information, and our web servers do not record the e-mail addresses of our visitors.
Common Threads may also release personal information to appropriate governmental authorities under the following circumstances:
- Where release is required by law (for example, a subpoena) or regulation, or is requested by a government agency conducting investigations or proceedings;
- Where our records indicate a company may be engaged in fraudulent activity or other deceptive practices that a governmental agency should be made aware of.
From time-to-time our Website may request information from users via surveys. Participation in these surveys, to the extent we run any, is completely voluntary and the user therefore has a choice whether or not to disclose this information. Information requested may include contact information (such as name and shipping address) and demographic information (such as zip code and age level). Survey information will be used for purposes of monitoring or improving the use and satisfaction of the Website.
Notification of Changes
Commonly Asked Questions about Making Secure Donations to Common Threads
How can I make a secure financial donation to Common Threads?
- Making a secure, online donation through www.commonthreads.org
- Calling 312.329.2501
- Mailing a donation to Common Threads at:
- 500 N. Dearborn Street
- Suite 530
- Chicago, IL 60654
I want to make a donation online. Is this a secure way to donate?
Common Threads considers the security of its donation website, www.commonthreads.org, and its donors to be of great importance. To insure this, we use several protective measures including, but not limited to blocking and filtering technologies and anti-fraud measures.
What is the official Common Threads web address?
Does Common Threads ask for social security numbers or PIN numbers?
Does Common Threads send e-mail solicitations?
We thank you for your generosity!