Mise en place
- Wash, dry and grate the zucchini.
- Measure out all the ingredients.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Grease an 8×8 square baking dish and set aside.
Prepare the recipe
- In a medium bowl, mix together the oats, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- In another medium bowl, whisk together the milk, egg, oil, and vanilla.
- Pour the milk mixture over the oats and stir until combined. Add in the zucchini and stir again. Pour oat mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, until the top is golden and oatmeal is set. Let cool for 5 minutes
- Cut into squares and serve with pecans, if desired. Enjoy!
Note-this baked oatmeal is great reheated in the microwave. Add some plain yogurt after reheating to liven it up. This recipe can easily be doubled for a 9×13 pan. Use gluten-free oats to make this recipe gluten-free. Other topping ideas-brown sugar, cinnamon, dried cranberries, or raisins.