- 1 head Romaine lettuce
- 1/2 bag Corn, frozen
- 1 can black beans
- 1 egg
- 1 Lb ground turkey
- 1/2 Tbsp chili powder
- 1/4 C whole wheat bread crumbs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6 whole wheat buns
- 1 tsp olive oil
Mise en place
- Wash, dry, and slice the lettuce.
- Thaw and drain the corn.
- Drain and rinse the beans.
- Crack the egg into a small bowl.
- Measure out the ingredients.
Prepare the Burgers
- In a large bowl, add the turkey, corn, beans, chili powder, bread crumbs, egg, salt, and pepper.
- Mix ingredients together until well combined.
- Form six patties from the mixture and set aside.
Cook the Burgers
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and add oil.
- Cook patties for 8-12 minutes on each side or until fully cooked to an internal temperature of 165°F.
- Place patties on buns with a slice of lettuce.
- Serve and enjoy!