- 1 bunch parsley
- 1/2 bunch mint
- 1/2 cucumber
- 2 tomatoes
- 1/4 onion
- 1 lemon (3 Tbsp juiced)
- 1/4 C quinoa, dry
- 1/2 C water
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
Mise en Place
- Wash and dry produce.
- Pull leaves from the stems of the parsley and mint. Mince.
- Dice the cucumber and tomatoes.
- Mince the onion.
- Juice the lemon
- Measure out the ingredients.
- Rinse quinoa under cold water until the water runs clear.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, add quinoa and water. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and cover. Allow to cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and rest for 5 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork and allow to cool.
Prepare the Tabbouleh
- In a medium mixing bowl, add herbs, cucumbers, tomatoes, onions, salt, pepper, and quinoa. Mix until well combined.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk the olive oil and lemon juice together.
- Drizzle the olive oil and lemon juice mixture over the quinoa and vegetables.
- Toss the salad until well combined.