- 4-6 cloves garlic
- 2 Shallot
- 3 Tbsp Pimiento
- 3 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 Bone In Pork Chop
- 1/4 C chicken broth, low sodium
- 3 Tbsp Maple Syrup
Mise en Place
- Peel and mince garlic and shallots. Mince Pimiento.
- Measure out all ingredients
- Pat salt and pepper into both sides of the pork chops.
Sear the Pork Chops
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add 2 Tbsp of olive oil to the pan and heat until smoking.
- Place the pork chops in the skillet, and sear until browned, about 1-2 minutes per side.
- Remove the pork chops from the skillet and place on a plate.
Prepare the Sauce
- Add 1 Tbsp of olive oil to the pan.
- Add shallots, pimientos, and garlic and cook until translucent.
- Add chicken stock and maple syrup to the skillet and continue cooking over medium heat.
- Cook until the sauce reduces by half.
- Once the sauce has reduced, add the pork chops and continue to cook for another 5-7 min or until internal temperature reaches 145 degrees F.