- 2 lb green beans
- 2 Shallot
- 1 Tbsp lemon peel zest
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 C almonds, toasted (optional)
Mise en place
- Wash and dry produce.
- Trim the ends of the green beans.
- Thinly slice the shallots.
- Zest the lemon.
- Measure out the ingredients.
- Blanch green beans in a large stock pot of well salted boiling water and cook until bright green in color and tender crisp, roughly 2-3 minutes.
- Drain and shock in a bowl of ice water to stop cooking.
- Heat a saute pan over medium heat. Add the olive oil.
- Add the shallots and saute for 2-3 minute.
- Add green beans and continue to saute until coated in oil and heated through, about 5 minutes.
- Add lemon zest and season with salt and pepper, top with sliced toasted almonds. (optional).