Mise En Place
- Make Multi-purpose sauce recipe
- Cube and marinade chicken-or- press and cube Tofu
- Chop red pepper, onion, green beans
- Shred carrot, and slice zucchini
- Peel and mince garlic
- Measure out the ingredients
- “OR” If using chicken, cut the raw chicken into small cubes and place chicken and ¼ C Multi-purpose sauce (see recipe) in a bowl. Ensure the chicken is thoroughly coated with marinade. Place plastic wrap over top of bowl and let marinate in refrigerator for at least 2 hours or overnight. When ready to prepare stir fry, remove bowl from refrigerator and lightly pat dry to remove excess marinade.
If using tofu, place tofu on a rimmed plate and top with a weight plate to press the tofu for at least 15 minutes. Cut the tofu into cubes
Prepare Veggies and Sauce
- In a bowl, combine chopped red pepper, onion, and green beans, and set aside
- In another bowl, combine the garlic, ginger, carrots, zucchini, bean sprouts, and sesame seeds. Set aside.
- Whisk together 1/4 C Multipurpose Sauce with cornstarch and set aside
- Place a large sauté pan on a high heat burner. *This is very fast so make sure you have all your ingredients ready to go into the pan*
- Once the pan is hot, quickly add the chicken or tofu and stir-fry until cooked through.
- Remove the chicken or tofu from the pan and set aside. If the chicken or tofu sticks, add 1-2 tablespoons of water to the pan and stir lightly to unstick.
- Being very careful, add peppers, onion, and green beans to the pan. Cook on medium-high heat until the vegetables begin to caramelize. If the vegetables stick, add 1-2 tablespoons of water to the pan and stir lightly to unstick the vegetables.
- Add the carrot, zucchini, bean sprouts, garlic, sesame seeds, sauce, cooked chicken, and seasoning and cook on medium heat for two more minutes.
- Serve with soba noodles or brown rice.