- 4 red bell peppers, or any other color
- 1 tomato
- 1-15 oz can black beans
- 1 C brown rice, uncooked
- 1 C Salsa
- Salt to taste
- 1 C shredded cheddar cheese, reduced fat
Mise en place
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Wash and dry produce.
- Cut the tops off the peppers and spoon out the seeds.
- Slice tomato.
- Drain and rinse the black beans.
- Measure out the ingredients.
- Cook brown rice according to package directions.
- Combine the beans, rice, salsa and salt.
- Spoon about 3 Tbsp of the mixture into the bottom of each pepper.
- Place a slice of tomato on top of the mixture and sprinkle with 2 Tbsp of shredded cheese.
- Spoon about 3 Tbsp of the mixture again to fill the pepper completely.
- Bake peppers for 30 minutes, top each with 2 Tbsp of cheese and continue baking for 15 minutes more.
- Remove from oven and let rest for 5 minutes.