- 2 large granny smith apples
- 2 tsp canola oil, or oil of your choice
- 1/4 C water, if needed
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- Honey to taste, optional
- 1/4 C nonfat plain yogurt, optional
Mise en place
- Core the apples and cut into 1/2 inch slices.
- Measure out the ingredients.
Saute the Apples
- Heat oil in a sauté pan over medium-high heat.
- Add apples and sauté until tender and lightly caramelized, about 9-12 minutes. Add small amounts of water if needed to prevent sticking.
- Stir in cinnamon and continue cooking for 1-2 minutes.
- Place apples in serving bowls.
- Drizzle with honey and a dollop of yogurt, if desired.
- Serve and enjoy!