Mise en Place
- Wash and dry the carrots, scallion, and lemon.
- Peel and grate carrots.
- Chiffonade the scallion.
- Slice the lemon in half and squeeze the juice into a small bowl.
- Peel and mince ginger.
- Rinse quinoa until water runs clear.
- Measure out the ingredients
Cooking the Quinoa
- In a small sauce pot, saute the ginger.
- Add broth, water, cinnamon, and cumin.
- Bring to a boil.
- Stir in quinoa and return to a boil.
- Cover and reduce to a simmer.
- Let simmering quinoa cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and let rest, covered, for 5 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork.
Make the Quinoa and Carrot Salad
- In a large bowl, add quinoa, carrots, and scallions.
- Mix in ginger, carrots, scallion, and peas.
- In a small bowl, whisk together lemon juice and oil.
- Season with salt and pepper and toss with salad.
- Chill before serving.
- Serve and enjoy!