Mise en Place
- Wash and dry lemon and onion.
- Slice lemon in half and squeeze juice into a small bowl.
- Slice the onion lengthwise into paper thin half moons.
- Measure out the ingredients.
Prepare the Onions
- Pour hot water over the onion and let stand for 15 minutes.
- Drain and rinse with cold water.
Make the Quick Pickled Red Onion
- In a small bowl, combine the onion, lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
- Cover and let stand at room temperature until the onion turns pink, stirring occasionally.