Mise en Place
- Place a stock pot filled with a gallon of water over medium heat and bring to a boil.
- Wash the fresh vegetables
- Remove both ends from the string beans and the bean sprouts.
- Remove the cabbage heart and divide cabbage into 4 pieces.
- Squeeze juice from the lime
- Peel the garlic and onion
- Remove seeds from the jalapeño
- Measure out all ingredients
Blanch the Vegetables
- Once water is boiling, place the cabbage in the pot and let it cook for 5-7 minutes
- After this time, remove cabbage from the pot and run under cold water. Be sure to drain well and set aside on a large plate.
- Allow water to return to a boil and place string beans into the pot and cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the pot and run under cold water, draining well. Set aside on the plate with cabbage.
- Place bean sprouts into boiling water and let it cook for 1 minute.
- Remove sprouts from the pot and run under cold water, drain, and place on the plate.
Prepare the Peanut Sauce
- In a blender, add lime juice, garlic, onion, jalapeño, salt, honey, cayenne pepper, ginger, and peanut butter.
- Blend to a smooth consistency
- If the sauce is too thick, add 1/3 C water and blend
- Place the blanched cabbage, string beans, and bean sprouts onto a plate.
- Drizzle 1-3 Tbsp of peanut sauce onto the vegetables.
- Serve and enjoy!
Vegetable alternatives include broccoli, cauliflower, carrots
If allergic to peanuts, use any type of nut butter