- 1/2 baguette whole wheat bread, cut into 1-inch slices
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 C peas, fresh or frozen, thawed
- To taste, salt
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 5 Tbsp parmesan cheese, grated
- 5 leaves mint
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
Mise en place
- Cut bread into 1” slices.
- Measure out all the ingredients.
- Arrange bread slices on a baking sheet and rub each with the garlic clove. Broil in the oven until lightly browned.
- Blanch peas in a large saucepan of boiling salted water until just tender, about 2 minutes for fresh peas and 1 minute for frozen. Drain peas; transfer to a bowl.
- Season with salt and extra-virgin olive oil and mash with the back of a fork.
- Spread about 1 tablespoon mixture over each toast. Garnish with parmesan, torn mint, and a few drops of balsamic vinegar.
Serve and enjoy!