- 1 lb. whole wheat penne pasta
- 6.6 oz canned tuna
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 C kalamata olives, pitted
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 can Marinara Sauce
- to taste salt
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 C spinach
Mise en place
- Drain the canned tuna and break into small pieces.
- Peel and mince the garlic.
- Drain and rinse the olives.
- Measure out the ingredients.
Prepare the pasta
- Cook the pasta 2 minutes less than the package directions. Reserve 2 tablespoons of the pasta water.
- Heat the olive oil in a small saucepan over medium heat and add the garlic. Cook, stirring, just until fragrant, and remove from the heat. Add to the tuna and tomato sauce.
- Bring to a simmer and season to taste with salt and add the red pepper flakes. Stir in the olives.
- Add the spinach, reserved pasta water and the cooked pasta. Stir until the spinach is wilted.
Serve and enjoy!