- 1 recipe Spanish lentils, optional for serving
- 4 shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 C canned diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 quart chicken broth, (or vegetable broth), low sodium
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 Boneless skinless chicken thighs, diced
Mise en place
- Wash and dry fresh produce.
- Finely chop the onion and the bell pepper.
- Dice the chicken thighs.
- Measure out all the ingredients.
- Heat oil in large sauté pan and brown chicken for 4 minutes. Add shrimp, and cook completely. Remove from pan.
- Sauté onions and pepper. Add garlic cloves, and continue to cook for 30 more seconds.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, including chicken and shrimp. Simmer on low for 15 minutes.
- Serve over lentils.