Mise en place
- Wash and dry broccoli.
- Chop the broccoli into bite-size pieces.
- Peel and mince the garlic.
- Peel and mince the ginger.
- Cut the beef into 1/4-inch thick slices. Be sure to cut them evenly so they cook correctly
- Measure out the ingredients.
- In a small bowl, whisk cornstarch, soy sauce, and zest together.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium high heat.
- Sauté the beef until browned.
- Add the garlic, ginger and chopped broccoli and sauté for 1 minute.
- Top with sesame seeds and serve with brown rice. Enjoy!
** To cook Brown Rice: Combine 1 C rice with 2 C cold water. Bring to a simmer and add 1 t salt. Cover and let simmer for 25 minutes. Remove from heat. Let sit covered for 10 minutes. Fluff with fork.