- 1 Tbsp honey
- 3/4 C warm water, about 110°F
- 1 pkg active dry yeast
- 1 C all-purpose flour, plus extra for kneading and forming
- 2 C whole wheat flour
- Pinch salt
- 1/4 C nonfat plain yogurt
- 3 Tbsp olive oil, plus 1 tsp for coating the bowl and 1 Tbsp for brushing naan
Mise en place
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Measure out the ingredients.
- In a medium bowl, mix the honey and warm water together. Stir in the yeast and let sit for 10 minutes to proof. You’ll see bubbles form on top.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the flours and salt. Make a well in the center and add the yeast mixture, yogurt and oil.
- Carefully mix with your hands. Then knead for 3 minutes, adding more flour as needed. The dough should be soft, not flaky or sticky.
- Grease a large bowl with 1 tsp of oil. Place the kneaded dough inside. Cover with plastic wrap or a towel and let it rest in a warm place for about 1 hour.
- Divide the dough into 6 pieces and roll into balls. On a lightly floured surface, stretch each ball out until about 1/4-inch thick oval. Brush each side with a little bit of oil.
- Place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 7 to 9 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve hot or at room temperature. Enjoy!