- 18 oz water
- 1/2 C low-fat milk
- 2 C spinach
- 1/3 C mozzarella cheese
- 8 oz whole Grain elbow macaroni
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 2 cans marinara sauce
Mise En Place
- Dice the bell peppers, shred mozzarella cheese if necessary.
- Measure out all ingredients.
- In a large skillet, brown the beef over medium heat. Drain off any excess fat.
- Add diced bell peppers, macaroni, marinara sauce, and water. Bring to boil then reduce heat. Cover and simmer for about 20 minutes, until macaroni is tender, occasionally stirring.
- Add milk and spinach. Stir slowly until the spinach wilts.
- Sprinkle with cheese and stir well. Remove from heat, cover and let sit for about 2 minutes or until the cheese melts.
Serve and enjoy!