- 6 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 tsp vinegar (sherry, balsamic, apple cider, etc.)
- 1 cup black lentils
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp salt
Mise En Place
- Measure out all ingredients.
- Combine the lentils, garlic, and bay leaf in a large pot and cover with water by 2 inches.
- Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce to a simmer and cook until just tender, about 15 minutes.
- Drain the water and pull out the garlic and bay leaf. Refrigerate until cold.
Serve and enjoy!
- Toss cooled lentils with salt, vinegar, and oil.