Mise En Place
- Preheat oven to 400. Using nonstick spray, spray a muffin sheet thoroughly (recipe makes either 9 large muffins or 12 small muffins).
- Combine cornmeal. flour, sugar, baking powder and salt into a medium bowl. Whisk and set aside.
*Ingredients listed above can be replaced with one box of cornbread mix
- Combine egg and milk with a whisk in a separate bowl, then add to dry ingredients.
- Using a spoon, stir until combined.
- Add in the remaining ingredients and stir until combined.
- Using a 1/3 cup measure, scoop the batter and pour in the muffin tin.
- Bake for 11-14 minutes, until golden brown