- 1 pt blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 1 lemon, juice and zested
- 4 Tbsp honey
- 1/4 C water
- Pinch of salt
Mise en place
- Wash and dry blueberries and pick out any stems.
- Cut a lemon in half and juice it.
- Measure out the ingredients.
- In a large bowl, crush the blueberries with a masher.
- Combine the crushed blueberries with the lemon zest, lemon juice, honey, water and a pinch of salt in a pot and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer for about 10 minutes, or until the blueberry mixture becomes thick. Make sure to keep stirring the jelly so it doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pan!
- Let the jam cool and serve with the Swedish Pancakes or whole grain toast.