Mise en place
- Wash and dry produce.
- Measure out cider vinegar.
- Quarter cucumber lengthwise (cut in half). Then cut 1/4 inch thick slices.
- Julienne onion, dice chilli, peel and slice carrot.
- Chiffonade or chop cilantro.
- Brunoise the chili (cook in oil) and set aside.
- In a medium-size bowl, stir together vinegar, salt, and pepper until dissolved.
- Add cucumber, onion, cilantro, chili, and carrot to vinegar dressing and toss until combined.
- Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 3 hours, stirring occasionally.
Serve and enjoy!
**The flavor is most developed after 3 hours of marinating.