Ingredients for Sour:
- rice vinegar
- cider vinegar
- balsamic vinegar
Ingredients for Salty:
- kalamata olives
- parmesan cheese
- soy sauce
Ingredients for Sweet:
- cherry tomatoes
- red apples
Ingredients for Fat:
Mise En Place
- Make sure you have at least one ingredient from each section to create your dressing. Use the following equation and table to create your own salad dressing
- Sour + Salty + Sweet + Fat = Salad Dressing
- Wash and dry any fruit or vegetables
- Cut up any fruit or vegetables into small pieces (1/4”).
- Start by adding the sour ingredients to the dressing container.
- Then, slowly (1/4 teaspoon at a time) add salt until it tastes more than just sour.
- Next add sweet ingredients in small quantities until the salad dressing flavor is toned down and less intense.
- Last, add the fat until your dressing is thicker, helping it to stick to the salad greens.
- Taste it one last time and adjust the seasonings if necessary.
Serve and Enjoy!
- Toss the salad greens with just enough salad dressing to coat the leaves.