- 6 C Collard greens
- 1 C lentils
- 3 C low sodium vegetable broth
- ½ onion, diced
- crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Mise en Place
- Wash and dry collard greens
- Measure out lentils and vegetable broth
- Dice ½ onion
- Using one medium sized pot, add water and cook the lentils for 25-30 minutes.
- Add the low sodium vegetable broth, collard greens and onions to the pot and cook for an additional 30-35 minutes.
- Garnish with crushed red pepper flakes, salt and pepper.
- Serve warm and enjoy!