- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 C brown rice
- 1-13.5 oz light coconut milk
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 C water
Mise En Place
- Measure out all ingredients.
- Rinse brown rice well and add to the saucepan.
Prepare the recipe
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring often, until golden brown, about 4 minutes. Add coconut milk, salt, and 1 ½ cups of water and stir to combine.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat, cover, and simmer until brown rice is tender and liquid is evaporated, about 35 minutes.
- Keep covered and let sit for 10 minutes. Fluff with a fork and serve with Thai Coconut Chicken Curry or your favorite entree!