- 1/2 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3/4 C whole wheat flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbsp water, (or milk)
- 1 & 1/2 C whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1 tsp chili powder
Mise en place
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Slice chicken breast into about 10 tenders.
- Place the chicken tenders on a cutting board lined with plastic wrap. Lay plastic wrap on top and flatten with a meat pounder or rolling pin, until the meat is about 1/4 inch thick.
- Measure out all the ingredients.
- In a small bowl or shallow baking dish, put salt, pepper and flour. Mix well.
- In another small bowl or shallow baking dish, beat the eggs with the water.
- In a third dish, place dry breadcrumbs, salt, pepper, and chili powder.
- Now you have your first, second and third steps ready for the chicken tenders. First, dredge the chicken in the flour mixture. Shake the excess flour off.
- Second, dip in the egg mixture on both sides and shake off the excess egg mixture.
- Third, dredge the chicken in the breadcrumbs. Place the coated tenders on a rack on a sheet tray.
- Bake for 7 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and the internal temperature has reached 165°F
- Serve with Viennese Cucumber Salad and enjoy!