- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 Tbsp basil, dried
- 1 C whole wheat bread crumbs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 C water
- 1/2 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, or chicken tenders
- 1/2 C whole wheat flour
Mise en place
- Measure out all ingredients
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- Mix the chili powder, dried basil, bread crumbs, salt and pepper in a shallow bowl or dish.
- In a separate small bowl, beat the egg and water until well combined.
- Place the whole wheat flour in a third bowl.
- Pick up a piece of chicken and lightly coat in flour, then dip in the egg mixture, and finally roll it in the breadcrumbs to lightly coat on all sides.
- Place the coated chicken tenders on a sheet tray lined with foil and bake for about 10 minutes or until cooked through.
- Serve warm with the Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce.