- 1-inch piece ginger
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 small onion
- 1 tomato
- 1 bunch fresh spinach
- 1/2 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup low sodium vegetable broth, or water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 4 Tbsp low-fat milk
Mise en Place
- Peel and mince the ginger. Mince the garlic and onions.
- Plank, slice and dice the tomato
- Wash the spinach and tear into small pieces.
- Dice the chicken into bite-size, 1-inch cubes.
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the chicken, ginger, onions and garlic. Sauté everything for 3 to 4 minutes or until the chicken is lightly browned.
- Add the vegetable broth or water, salt and pepper. Add the spinach a handful at a time, adding more as it wilts down.
- Once all the spinach has been added, scoop in the tomatoes.
- Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the Garam Masala and milk. Cook for an additional 2 minutes being careful to keep it at a simmer, don’t let it boil.
- Taste for seasonings. Serve hot and enjoy!