- salt, to taste
- 1/4 C cheddar cheese, shredded, (reduced-fat)
- 1/2 C water
- 1 C Salsa
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 C brown rice, uncooked
Mise en Place
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Wash and dry chicken breasts.
- Mix salsa, rice, water, and salt together in an oven proof dish.
- Bring the mixture to a boil. Cover and simmer on low for 25 minutes.
- Remove from heat and place chicken on top of rice.
- Cover with foil and bake at 400 F for 30-40 minutes, or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 F and rice is tender.
- When chicken is done, remove foil and sprinkle cheese over the top. Re-cover with foil until cheese is melted.
- Serve and enjoy!