- 1 C brown rice, cooked
- 1 C low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 can black beans, rinsed
- 1/2 C canned tomato sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp oregano, minced
- ½ onion, peeled and diced
- Salt and pepper to taste
Mise en Place
- Precook the brown rice
- Chop the onion and bell pepper into small ¼ inch dice.
- Peel and mince the garlic.
Prepare the Dish
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion, bell pepper and saute until the onion is soft.
- Add the garlic and saute for another 1-2 minutes.
- Add tomato sauce and beans and simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Stir in the cooked rice and broth.
- </Cook until hot, remove from the heat and stir in the fresh herbs.>
- Cover and let rest for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper and enjoy!