- 4 beets
- 1 lemon
- 3 pears
- Bag of Greens
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ¼ tsp salt
- 3/4 C olive oil
Mise En Place
- Wash and Dry produce
- Peel and shred the beets.
- Slice the pears.
- Cut lemons in half and squeeze juice into a separate bowl.
- If the beet tops were included with your beets, wash the greens and chiffonade them (thinly sliced).
- Measure out salt, pepper and olive oil.
- To make vinaigrette: in a small bowl, whisk together lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper until well combined.
- To make salad: toss the pears with 1 T of the vinaigrette to prevent browning. Toss the beets and greens (if using) with the remaining vinaigrette. Add pepper and salt.
- To serve, top the beets with sliced pears.
- Serve and enjoy!