- 1 medium banana or 4 oz banana puree
- 2 t honey
- 1/2 C dates, pre-soaked or 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 C water, hot (only if dates are not pre-soaked)
- 1 C oats
- 1 t cinnamon
Mise en Place
- Measure honey, dates or raisins, oats, cinnamon, and water (if using)
- Soak dates (if not pre-soaked)
- Mash banana if using fresh
Blending the dates
- Place the dates or raisins into a blender or food processor. (If the dates were not pre-soaked, be sure to also add the hot water.)
- Pulse to avoid the mixture from becoming too runny.
- Stop when the mixture is the consistency of a paste.
- Mix the paste with the mashed banana.
- Add the oats and cinnamon.
Create energy bites
- Roll mixture into golf ball sized bites.
- If desired, roll bites in your favorite toppings, such as nuts, seeds, or dried fruit!
- Serve alone or enjoy with a side of greek yogurt!