Mise En Place
- Peal and mash bananas with a fork.
- Measure out all ingredients.
- In a medium saucepan, bring milk, sugar, salt and spices to gentle boil (watch carefully)
- Stir in oats. Return to boil; reduce heat to medium. Cook 1 minute for quick oats, 5 minutes for old fashioned oats or until most of the liquid is absorbed, stirring occasionally. Remove oatmeal from heat.
- Stir in mashed bananas and pecans. Spoon oatmeal into six cereal bowls.
- Top with yogurt, sliced bananas and pecan halves, (if using)
- Serve and enjoy!
COOK NOTE: To toast pecans, spread evenly in a shallow baking pan. Bake at 350°F 5 to 7 minutes or until light golden brown. Or, spread nuts evenly on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave on HIGH 1 minute; stir. Continue to microwave on HIGH, checking every 30 seconds, until nuts are fragrant and brown.