- Nonstick cooking spray
- 3 C kale
- 1 onion
- 1/2 C mozzarella cheese
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 C water
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 C milk, low-fat
- 1/2 tsp of salt and pepper
Mise en Place
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Wash and dry produce.
- Coat 9” round baking pan with cooking spray.
- Wash and drain kale, using a colander.
- Remove stems and chop kale. (A child could help tear leaves in pieces instead of chopping.)
- Cut onion in half. Cut ends and discard. Peel and chop the onion.
- Shred cheese onto a piece of wax paper.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat.
- Add onion. Cook for 3-5 minutes, until onions are soft and tender.
- Stir in kale and water. Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat and allow the mixture to cool.
- In a large bowl combine eggs, milk, cheese, salt, and pepper.
- Mix in kale mixture.
- Pour mixture into prepared 9” round baking pan and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let rest for 2-3 minutes.