- 1 poblano, brunoise
- ½ onion, diced
- 2 Tbsp cilantro, chiffonade
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 avocado, sliced (optional)
- 3 tilapia, diced
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2- 14 oz. canned diced tomatoes
- ½ tsp oregano, dried
- 1 C water, as needed
- Salt and pepper to taste
Mise en place
- Dice the onion into medium sized pieces.
- Brunoise the poblano.
- Chiffonade the cilantro.
- Peel and mince the garlic.
- Slice the avocado.
- Dice the fish into medium sized pieces.
- Thoroughly clean station and cooking equipment used for the fish.
Cooking the stew
- Heat oil in a pot over medium heat.
- Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened.
- Add garlic and poblano. Cook until fragrant.
- Add fish, tomatoes and their juices, cilantro, and oregano; stir to combine.
- Add up to 1/2 cup water if the stew seems too thick.
- Cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve warm or at room temperature, garnished with avocado (if using) and enjoy!