- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 8 oz white button mushrooms
- 1/2 lb cherry tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 t crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 t cumin
- 1 t salt
Mise en Place
- Cut the red pepper into large, bite-size pieces.
- Dice the chicken.
- Clean the mushrooms by rinsing them under cold running water.
- Blot mushrooms dry and cut each in half from the top of the mushroom down through the stem.
- Mince garlic
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
Marinade the Chicken
- Place the marinade ingredients in a bowl and mix.
- Add the chicken cubes to the bowl and coat with marinade.
- Pour into a resealable plastic bag and place in the refrigerator. The chicken should marinate for at least 15 minutes or up to 8 hours.
- Drain the chicken from the marinade.
- Take one wooden skewer and insert one piece of chicken.
- Then add a piece each of mushroom, pepper, and cherry tomato.
- Repeat one more time starting with the chicken and ending with the tomato.
- Place the skewers on a cookie sheet lined with foil.
- Bake in the oven for 15 to 17 minutes or until the chicken is no longer pink in the middle.
- Remove from oven and let rest.