Mise en place
- Wash and dry cilantro, parsley, onion, tomato, bell pepper, and lemon.
- Mince cilantro and parsley.
- Dice onion, tomato, and bell pepper.
- Cut the lemon in half and squeeze juice into a small bowl.
- Peel and mince the garlic.
- Measure out the ingredients.
Prepare the Vegetable Base
- Place a medium sized skillet over low-medium heat and add oil.
- Add garlic, onion, cumin, and coriander, allowing to cook until the onion has lightly browned.
- Add bell pepper and cook until fragrant.
- Add tomatoes, Harissa, tomato paste, paprika, and chili powder.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper and add lemon juice.
- Allow tomato mixture to simmer until the liquid has reduced, approximately 20 minutes.
Cook the Eggs
- Create a circular mold with a spoon in the thickened tomato mixture.
- Crack eggs into the circular molds.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro and/or parsley.
- Add lemon juice.
- Serve and enjoy!