- 1/2 inch piece ginger (or dried)
- 2 oranges
- 1 banana
- 1 C mango (or other tropical fruit), fresh, frozen, or canned in own juices
- 1 C water
- 1 tbsp shredded coconut (optional)
Mise en Place
- Peel ginger (if fresh), oranges, banana, and mango (or other tropical fruit).
- Thinly slice ginger and banana.
- Divide oranges into segments.
- Dice the mango if using fresh or thaw if using frozen.
Prepare Ginger Syrup
- In a medium pot, bring ginger, and 1 cup water to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Cool and set aside. If making ahead of time, store covered in the refrigerator.
- In a large bowl, combine oranges, mango, and banana.
- Pour ginger syrup over fruit and let sit 5-10 minutes.
- Top with shredded coconut (optional)
- Serve in small cups. Enjoy!