Mise en Place
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Use cooking spray to grease a 9 inch springform pan or a 9-inch deep dish pan.
- Peel and chop onion
- Peel and mince garlic
- Crack the eggs into a bowl.
- Measure out ingredients.
Cook the Pasta
- Place a large pot of water over high heat and bring to boil. Add salt if desired.
- Cook spaghetti according to package instructions, or until al dente, usually 6-9 minutes.
- Drain and set aside.
Prepare the Sauce
- Add onions and garlic to a saucepan and cook over medium heat until translucent.
- Add crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, oregano, basil, and salt.
- Stir and simmer on low heat for 10 minutes.
- Reserve 2 cups of pasta sauce and set aside.
Prepare the Spaghetti Pie
- Pour the remaining sauce into a large mixing bowl and allow to cool slightly.
- Add cooked spaghetti to the bowl and stir well to generously coat the spaghetti.
- Beat the eggs, then stir the egg mixture into the spaghetti.
- Pour the spaghetti into the prepared pan. Using the back of a wooden spoon, press down the pasta noodles to pack the spaghetti into the pan.
- Pour the ricotta cheese over on top of the spaghetti and use a spatula to spread.
- Pour the remaining 2 cups of sauce over the top.
- Sprinkle shredded mozzarella and Parmesan over the top.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the edges are crispy and the cheese has browned.
- Let cool for at least 5-10 minutes before cutting into pie slices and serving.