- 2 C Brown Rice Base
- 2 Tbsp parsley
- 1/2 onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 10 oz grape tomato
- 8 oz okra
- 1 lb shrimp, fresh or frozen and thawed
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
Mise en Place
- Cook rice according to Brown Rice Base recipe instructions.
- Chop the parsley and the onion.
- Mince the garlic.
- Slice in half grape tomatoes.
- Slice okra and slice off ends, if using fresh.
- Peel shrimp and remove the tails.
- Sauté okra and garlic in 1 Tbsp olive oil until tender, about 5-8 minutes. Stir frequently.
- Add the chopped onions and sliced tomatoes to the pan and cook until lightly caramelized. Transfer to bowl.
- Clean the sauté pan.
- Heat sauté pan over medium heat and add 1 Tbsp olive oil, fresh or thawed shrimp, red pepper flakes, paprika, cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper. Cook until shrimp becomes opaque.
- Stir in okra, tomatoes and onion mixture into the saute pan. Remove from heat.
- Serve over prepared brown rice.
- Garnish with parsley.
- Serve and enjoy!