Mise en Place:
- Mince 2 cloves of garlic (chop into very small pieces)
- Wash & dice 1 red bell pepper (chop into ½ inch cubes)
- Wash, peel and julienne carrots (cut into very thin slices)
- Wash and chop scallions
- Measure out ¼ C soy sauce and 2 T + ½ t olive oil
- Dice chicken breasts into 1 inch cubes
Cook Brown Rice
- Combine 1 cups of brown rice with 2 cups of water in a large pot. Place the large pot on the stove over medium-high heat and allow it to boil. Once at a boil, add 1 t salt, reduce simmer and let cook for 40 minutes until rice has absorbed the water. Remove from heat, fluff with a fork, and set aside.
Sauté Chicken & Vegetables
- Add 2 T olive oil to saute pan using medium heat, add diced chicken, season with salt and pepper, cook until golden brown, no pink in the middle and juices run clear (If using meat thermometer cook to internal temperature of 165F). Then add diced red bell pepper, julienned carrots, and chopped scallions to the sauté pan. Sauté for 2-3 minutes and then add minced garlic, cooking until vegetables are tender and fragrant. Be sure to not burn your garlic, reduce heat if necessary.
Add rice and flavor elements
- Add the cooked rice to the sauté pan with the vegetables and chicken. Mix thoroughly and then add ¼ C of soy sauce, and 2 cups of spinach. Cook until the spinach is wilted.
- Clear a space in the middle of the pan once all ingredients have been added by moving ingredients to the perimeter of the pan. Add 1/2 t of olive oil into the cleared space and quickly add egg to scramble. Stir and combine scrambled egg into the fried rice mixture.