- 1/2 lb. boneless sirloin beef
- 1 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 large tomato
- 15 oz can Tomato Sauce
- 1/2 small onion
- 1/4 jalapeño
- 1/4 lb. spinach
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 C pumpkin seeds (raw)
Mise en place
- Wash and dry produce.
- Dice the beef into bite-size cubes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Plank, slice and dice the tomatoes and onion. Seed and mince the jalapeño.
- Chop the spinach
- Measure out the ingredients.
- In a large pot, heat the oil over medium-high heat and add the beef. Sauté for 3 to 5 minutes or until browned on all sides.
- Stir in the tomatoes, tomato sauce, onions and jalapeño. Turn the heat down to low and cover the pot. Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add the chopped spinach and Worcestershire sauce. Continue simmering for another 10 minutes or until the beef is tender.
- Check your seasonings and add more salt or pepper if needed.
- Dish out into individual soup bowls and garnish with the seeds. Enjoy!